This is Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of January 2, 2017 - Keep Your Income to Yourself. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and Nichols Patrick CPE, Incorporated.
This week we’ll look at the following:
- Exemption denied for scholarship that it appears only founder’s son ever likely to qualify for
- Final regulations on PFICs issued
- Investment adviser improperly tried to assign income to an S corporation to avoid self-employment tax
- IRS identifies a conservation easement listed transaction
- Use of wrong form did not invalidate statute extension - but fact only one spouse signed it meant other spouse’s statute was not extended
The audio for this week's presentation can be streamed or downloaded below.
Your browser doesn't support HTML5 audio
A PDF containing this week's articles can be downloaded below: