This is Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of July 18, 2016 - Late Isn’t Better Than Never Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and Nichols Patrick CPE, Incorporated.
This week we’ll look at the following::
- Ninth Circuit finds a way to decide a discharge of tax liability in bankruptcy case without visiting the question of whether a late filed return ever can have its liability discharged
- Department of Labor and IRS announce significant proposed revisions to Forms 5500
- The birth of a child was an unforeseen circumstance in the view of the IRS
- A state court couldn’t fix a decedent’s significant IRA planning error
- IRS issues the §501(c)(4) notice rules
The audio for this week is available below.
Your browser doesn't support HTML5 audio
The articles for this week's podcast can be downloaded as a PDF below: