Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of August 21, 2017 - Not Ordinary. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and the Loscalzo Institute, a Kaplan Company.
This week we look at the following developments
- Birth certificate did not establish taxpayer’s age for additional tax on premature distributions
- No deduction when taxpayer did not request reimbursement from employer
- Fifth Circuit carves out “facts and circumstances” exception to being able to substitute parcels in a conservation easement
- Taxpayer’s participation in employer’s IPO did not allow an ordinary loss for commissions paid to sell stock from options exercised
- IRS tells colleges it is the end of the line for extensions on Form 1098-T tuition reporting
An audio only version of this week's discussion can be streamed or downloaded below.
Your browser doesn't support HTML5 audio
Articles for this week's session can be downloaded as a PDF below.