Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of October 9, 2017 - Congress Proves It Can Pass a Tax Bill. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and the Loscalzo Institute, a Kaplan Company.
This week we look at the following developments:
- South Dakota petitions the Supreme Court for its Quill challenge
- Congress passes a Hurricane relief bill
- Taxpayer did not willfully fail to file FBAR
- Parents are held liable to repay dependent son’s advanced health insurance credit
- LB&I announces method that can be used to start with ASC 730 research expenses in computing qualified research expenditures
- Time off donation programs expanded to cover Hurricane Maria relief donations
- IRS releases special per diem rates for new fiscal year
An audio only version of this week's broadcast can be streamed or downloaded below.
Your browser doesn't support HTML5 audio
The articles related to this week's developments can be downloaded in the PDF below.