The IRS has made available transcripts on its “View Your Tax Account Information” page for taxpayers. This page, found at https://www.irs.gov/uac/view-your-tax-account, allowed taxpayers to view their payoff amount if there are unpaid taxes, the balance of tax due for each year for which taxpayers owed taxes and 18 months of payment history.
In a page update on May 8 ,2017 the IRS added the option to get various Form 1040 series transcripts via the Get Transcript tool without having to log in again.
Taxpayers who wish to register for an account at this site will need the following information.
- Social Security Number
- Date of birth
- Filing status and mailing address from latest tax return
- Access to an email account
- Personal account number from a credit card, mortgage, home equity loan, home equity line of credit or car loan
- A mobile phone with the taxpayer’s name on the account.
Taxpayers should note that the tool does not operate 24 hours a day. Rather, the tool is available only at the following times:
- Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. ET
- Saturday, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET
- Sunday, 6 p.m. to midnight ET