This is Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of January 2, 2017 - Keep Your Income to Yourself. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and Nichols Patrick CPE, Incorporated.
This week we’ll look at the following:
- Exemption denied for scholarship that it appears only founder’s son ever likely to qualify for
- Final regulations on PFICs issued
- Investment adviser improperly tried to assign income to an S corporation to avoid self-employment tax
- IRS identifies a conservation easement listed transaction
- Use of wrong form did not invalidate statute extension - but fact only one spouse signed it meant other spouse’s statute was not extended
The audio for this week's presentation can be streamed or downloaded below.
A PDF containing this week's articles can be downloaded below: