This is Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of August 29, 2016 - Stop Asking Us For Letters. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and Nichols Patrick CPE, Incorporated.
This week we’ll look at the following:
- IRS offers an option for signing up for secure services online other than a postpaid cell phone
- Installment agreements are likely to become more costly to enter into - unless it’s all done online
- The Sharing Economy Tax Center created by the IRS
- The IRS creates a greatly expanded option to obtain late IRA/qualified plan rollover relief without requiring a letter ruling
- Poor records cause taxpayer to be taxed on all distributions of S corporation as in excess of basis
- Average monthly bronze premiums for 2016 for individual shared responsibility payments released
This week's audio can be either streamed via the link below or downloaded to your system.
Articles related to this week's broadcast are found in the following PDF file.