This is Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of September 6, 2016 - Old Court Cases Get Another Look. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and Nichols Patrick CPE, Incorporated.
This week we’ll look at the following:
- IRS to start notifying taxpayers of employment related ID theft
- Taxpayer finds buying a computer didn’t qualify for American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Ninth Circuit upholds Shea Homes case on appeal
- IRS decides Coverdell ESAs subject to same rollover limits as traditional IRAs
- Regulations finalized on post Obergefell and Windsor definition of marriage
The audio session can be streamed or downloaded below
Your browser doesn't support HTML5 audio
A PDF with the articles for the cases discussed this week can be downloaded below.