This is Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of September 26, 2016 - A Week of Cases. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and Nichols Patrick CPE, Incorporated.
This week we’ll look at the following:
- IRS tells more employees not to initiate contact by phone
- When is a health benefit plan not a health benefit plan
- Taxpayer fails to present proof plan had more than 10 employers
- Another SILO transaction fails to lead to the expected tax benefits
- The Tax Court does not accept that land was held for investment at time of sale
The audio only version of this week's update can be streamed below or downloaded.
A PDF of the articles for this week's update can be downloaded below.