This is Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of July 25, 2016 - The Cost of Doing the Right Thing. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and Nichols Patrick CPE, Incorporated.
This week we’ll look at the following::
- Online poker site isn’t a financial institution
- IRS formally reduces the paperwork associated with an §83(b) election
- Network and not sports league can get §199 deduction
- Draft of expanded preparer due diligence form released by IRS
- Paying laid off employee’s final payroll exposed CEO to trust fund penalty (moral - nice guys pay all the bills)
The audio version of this week's update can be downloaded below or you can listen to it online.
This week's articles in PDF form can be downloaded below: