This is Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of September 19, 2016 - Reasonably Late Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and Nichols Patrick CPE, Incorporated.
This week we’ll look at the following:
- Minister’s vow of poverty failed to allow him to escape tax
- Former spouse discovers payment is actually alimony
- Taxpayers can’t ignore the corporation they created - despite IRS doing so on two prior exams
- Merely serving a deserving individual not enough to gain tax exempt status
- The IRS looks at what is and is not reasonable cause - and states a preference for using the first time abatement program
The audio update can be downloaded or streamed below.
A PDF file with articles on this week's updates can be downloaded from the following link: