Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of October 16, 2017 - Housing Allowance Returns to Court. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and the Loscalzo Institute, a Kaplan Company.
This week we look at the following developments:
- Filing date relief issued by IRS for victims of Northern California wildfires
- Challenge to minister’s housing allowance exclusion returns to court
- Tax Court will assert strict subordination requirement for mortgages on conservation easements outside First Circuit
- Signature no longer required for §754 election
- Retroactive loss of tax-exempt status going back a decade proves very costly in terms of interest on unpaid tax
- IRS email discusses potential impact on due date disaster relief and date for assessment of tax
An audio only version of this broadcast can be streamed or downloaded below.
A PDF with articles related to this week's developments can be downloaded below.