Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of October 23, 2017 - Indexing Time of the Year. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and the Loscalzo Institute, a Kaplan Company.
This week we look at the following developments:
- IRS releases inflation adjusted tax factors for 2018
- LB&I Division issues guidance on unit of property and major component issues for the mining industry
- IRS announced retirement plan numbers for 2018
- IRS announces nonacquiesence in S corporation/real estate professional decision
- Anti-Kerr regulations officially withdrawn by the IRS
- 2017 Returns without health care information will not be accepted for efiling
- A court decision that appears to arrive at approximately the right place, but for all the wrong reasons
The audio only version of this week's broadcast can be streamed or downloaded below.
Articles for the developments discussed in this week's podcast can be found in the PDF you can download below.