Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of October 16, 2017 - Housing Allowance Returns to Court. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and the Loscalzo Institute, a Kaplan Company.
This week we look at the following developments:
- Filing date relief issued by IRS for victims of Northern California wildfires
- Challenge to minister’s housing allowance exclusion returns to court
- Tax Court will assert strict subordination requirement for mortgages on conservation easements outside First Circuit
- Signature no longer required for §754 election
- Retroactive loss of tax-exempt status going back a decade proves very costly in terms of interest on unpaid tax
- IRS email discusses potential impact on due date disaster relief and date for assessment of tax
An audio only version of this broadcast can be streamed or downloaded below.
Your browser doesn't support HTML5 audio
A PDF with articles related to this week's developments can be downloaded below.