Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of February 20, 2017 - Silence is Confusing. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and Nichols Patrick CPE.
This week we look at the following developments
- Another phishing attack goes after CPAs frustrated by new secuirty measures
- Sixth Circuit panel decides IRS went too far in a substance over form attack
- A practicing dentist managed to be found to be a real estate professional
- IRS quietly issued notice on “silent returns” that created a lot of confusion and discussion
- Estate found to have reasonable cause for late filing when attorney gave client wrong extended due date
Images copyright 123rf.com
You can stream or download an audio only version of this week's update below.
The articles for this week's developments can be downloaded below: