Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of June 26, 2017 - Two on the Hook. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and the Loscalzo Institute.
This week we look at the following developments
- A new phishing scheme for tax professional masquerades as coming from education providers
- Rental activity found not to be passive under the S corporation excess passive income rules
- Corporation on the hook for payroll taxes not paid by PEO
- IRS again issuing PTINs which may or may not be free
- IRS improperly calculated going concern value when rejecting offer in compromise
An audio version of the update can be streamed or downloaded below.
The articles for this week's updates can be downloaded below:
2016-06-26 Current Federal Tax Developments