Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of August 21, 2017 - Not Ordinary. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and the Loscalzo Institute, a Kaplan Company.
This week we look at the following developments
- Birth certificate did not establish taxpayer’s age for additional tax on premature distributions
- No deduction when taxpayer did not request reimbursement from employer
- Fifth Circuit carves out “facts and circumstances” exception to being able to substitute parcels in a conservation easement
- Taxpayer’s participation in employer’s IPO did not allow an ordinary loss for commissions paid to sell stock from options exercised
- IRS tells colleges it is the end of the line for extensions on Form 1098-T tuition reporting
An audio only version of this week's discussion can be streamed or downloaded below.
Articles for this week's session can be downloaded as a PDF below.