Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of August 28, 2017 - Microcaptives. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and the Loscalzo Institute, a Kaplan Company.
This week we look at the following developments
- In its first look at microcaptive insurance companies, the Tax Court found no insurance was provided in specific case
- ESOP disqualified for failing to cover employees of related employer
- Social club found that measuring profit motive for UBIT differs from individuals
- Deduction denied to estate for gift tax liability on net gift
- Small partnerships are not, in the view of the IRS National Office, effectively exempt from the requirement to file tax returns.
.The audio only version of this week's presentation can be streamed or downloaded below:
The articles for each of this week's developments can be downloaded in the PDF file below: