Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of August 6, 2018: TCJA Guidance Appears
This week we look at the following items:
- Proposed regulations for 965 are issued, others on state and local tax workarounds submitted to OMB
- Majority of states that impose a sales tax now have published post-Wayfair remote seller collection requirements and start dates
- Proposed regulations on which taxpayers may rely issued on bonus depreciation
- Automatic accounting method change guidance issued for TCJA small business accounting methods
- 529 plan revised guidance to deal with TCJA and other recent changes
- Guidance issued on additional contributions allowed to ABLE accounts by TCJA changes
An audio version of this week's broadcast can be streamed or downloaded below.
Articles on this week's developments can be downloaded as a PDF below.