Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of April 23, 2018 - Groundhog Day, the Tax Pros Version. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and Kaplan Professional Education.
This week we look at the following items:
- IRS computer system failure ends up adding one extra day to tax season
- The Supreme Court heard oral arguments in the Wayfair case
- IRS gives details on blended rates to be used by fiscal year C corporations
- IRS issues the rates for valuing employer owned aircraft trips for the first half of 2018
- The IRS clarifies how the repeal of the special alimony trust provision in TCJA will work
- The AICPA asks the IRS to reconsider its position on refunds of overpayments for those with remaining 965 transition tax installments
An audio version of this week's broadcast can be streamed or downloaded below.
Articles related to this week's broadcast can be found the PDF you can download below.