Current Federal Tax Developments for the week of April 30, 2018 - What If No One Tattles?. Current Federal Tax Developments is brought to you by the state CPA societies and Kaplan Professional Education.
This week we look at the following items:
- Colorado reports disappointing results from tattletale use tax law
- Oklahoma enacts a second tattletale use tax law
- IRS grants relief for last minute change in HSA maximum contribution amount for 2018
- Volunteers who divided amounts in tip jar at end of shift received tips subject to FICA
- Taxpayer who failed to check and find return was never accepted held liable for late filing penalty
An audio version of this broadcast can be downloaded below.
A PDf with articles on this week's updates can be downloaded below.